Monday, April 13, 2020

14-year-old boy electrocuted in Abuja


A 14-year-old student of the Government Secondary School (GSS) Abaji, Ekene Emmanuel Ezeh, has been electrocuted in Abaji, the Federal Capital Territory.

Speaking to Daily Trust, on Saturday, the father of the deceased, Mr. Augustine Ezeh, said that the incident happened last Wednesday afternoon, April 7, around 2:pm, when electricity was restored in the area.

According to Mr Ezeh, he was at his workshop when someone rushed in to alert him that his son had been electrocuted.
“I immediately rushed to see my son foaming from his nose and mouth, and when I grabbed him, his body shocked me too. I had to use a wooden bench to push him down,” he said.

Sadly, Ekene died before he arrived the Abaji General Hospital.

Ezeh, who is a vulcanizer, stationed in front of a filling station in the area, said he suspects that his son died as a result of electric shock from a naked wire that passed through a zinc in a kiosk close to where he works.

14-year-old boy electrocuted in Abuja

The remains of deceased which has been deposited at the general hospital’s morgue, would be conveyed to Igboeze Local Government Area of Enugu State for burial on Tuesday, April 14.

Reacting to the incident, the spokesman of the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) Mr. Oyebode Fadipe, said, "In fact, such incident was not reported to us, but we have established contact with the deceased family and the management will engage the legal and safety department of the AEDC to reach out to the family,” he said.

14-year-old boy electrocuted in Abuja

The elder brother of the deceased, Jude Ezeh, has since taken to Facebook to mourn Ekene's death.
"On sept.30th 2006 at exactly 7:25pm I got a call from home that my mom had put to bed a bouncing baby boy. I jumped up with tears of joy thanking God for gifting me with a brother atlast.
But today April,08 2020 death took you away from us.it's so painful we lost you to the cold hands of death.
I miss u my only brother EZEH EKENE EMMANUEL. Rest with the lord till we meet to part no more. Goodnight brother." he wrote.

14-year-old boy electrocuted in Abuja
14-year-old boy electrocuted in Abuja

0 comments:

Post a Comment